Instructions for Authors
- „Scientific Review of Physical Culture ” (Former Journal of Health Promotion and Recreation) is an official journal published by University of Rzeszów - Institute of Physical Culture Sciences , directed to wide group of scientists, practitioner, and students interested in physical culture in an interdisciplinary aspect.
- The Review accepts unpublished original and significant works written in English, in an electronic version. The journal also publishes: scientific papers (original studies and review articles), research reports, observations, brief communications and comments, book reviews, as well as both chronicle and editorial news (written in Polish and English).
- There are the following thematic sections:
- Physical Education and Sport
- Health Promotion
- Physical Anthropology
- Social and Humanistic aspects of Physical Culture
- History of Physical Culture
How to make an article ready for publishing
- Ready-made article prepared according to technical instructions below should be sent by the Author using journal’s office e-mail address.
- The article should be accompanied by scan or original version of “Application Form” (according to the form attached), as well as the Author’s letter to the Editor asking for publication of the paper in this Journal, and written statement with declaration that the manuscript was not submitted to any other publisher(s).
- The Editor notifies the Author(s) about submission of manuscript and maintains further correspondence.
- Articles submitted to the Editor undergo anonymous review, at least by two independent reviewers. The last decision of acceptance or rejection of the article is made by the Editorial staff and it is irrevocable. The Editor doesn’t have to justify its decisions.
Manuscripts should be prepared on A-4 format with a margin of 2,5 cm on both sides, with 1.0 line space, font Times New Roman 12 pts. First line of each paragraph should begin with 1cm indentation. Titles and subtitles should be written in bold capital letters without quotation marks and dots. The paper submitted should be prepared and sent in an electronic version in .doc or .docx. format.
The Editor requires the following composition of works:
- Author(s) name and surname
- The author(s) affiliation
- Introduction / Aim
- Material and Methods
Due to counteract the phenomenon of ghostwriting, we need your information on Authors Contribution:
A – Study Design
B – Data Collection
C – Statistical Analysis
D – Data Interpretation
E – Manuscript Preparation
F – Literature Search
G – Funds Collection
Abstract in English (from 200 to 250 words) should have the following structure (original works): Introduction and the aim of the work, the material and methods, results, conclusions, and key words.
Key words can not be a repetition of the title. When choosing key words it is recommended to make use of Medical Subject Headings.
References – the journal uses a Harvard reference system. For example, if the author quotes someone else’s work, it should be presented in the following manner [Author(s), year, page number]. E.g.: [Smith 2019, p.19]; [Smith et al. 2002, p.33].
Footnotes with continuous numbering should include only additional information and not other authors’ works quoted in the article.
For works on history or cultural issues a sources (“SOURCES”) section can be added, as direct interviews, important documents, not scientific literature, films or electronic sources. E.g.:
Standard journal article
Barreira CRA. (2017) The essences of martial arts and corporal fighting: A classical phenomenological analysis. Arch Budo 13, p.351-376
https://olympics.com/ioc/documents (Accessed: 11 May 2020)
Book, personal author(s)
Ringsven MK, Bond D. (1996) Gerontology and leadership skills for nurses. Albany, Delmar Publisher.
Book, editor(s) as author
Norman IJ, Redfern SJ, editors. (1996) Mental health care for elderly people. New York: Churchill Livingston.
Chapter in a book
Migasiewicz J, Kululski P, Kurzawski K. (2007) Interest in sport of the cadre from selected units of the Polish Army. (in:) Sokołowski M. (eds.) Biosomatical effect of military service as basis for further improvement of future physical education and sports programmes. Poznań, Wydawnictwo AWF, p.397-405
Pictures, tables and figures should be placed in the text and described with descriptions. The editorial staff reserves the possibility of putting descriptions mentioned in accordance to unified scheme of the Journal.
Instructions for works related to History of Physical Culture
Works related to History of Physical Culture area should have the following structure:
- Introduction (up to 20 sentences)
- The main part (up to exhaustion a topic with all the footnotes)
In this kind of works authors should use footnotes.
The other arrangements
- The manuscripts having no connections with the subject area of the Journal as well as prepared in form inconsistent with the regulations listed above can not be published in “Scientific Review of Physical Culture”.
- The Editor reserves the right to make some corrections in style, phraseology, arrangement of tables, making necessary abbreviations, etc., without communicating with the Author. The Author is responsible for translation and preparation of the publication.
- The Editor requires from the Authors an absolute scientific reliability as well as obeying ethic rules standing in the science works.
- The Editor informs that commercial advertisements can be printed only on editorial pages of the Journal.
Conflicts of interest and other problems
Any cases of duplicate publication, plagiarism, fabricated data, ghostwriting/guest authorship, etc. are indications of scientific dishonesty and all such cases will be exposed and appropriate institutions will be informed. Our Editorial Office will obtain information on sources of financing of a publication, financial contributions by research institutions or scientific associations and any other (financial disclosure). Authors should disclose at the time of submission any financial arrangement they may have.