The research activities carried out in Interdisciplinary Centre for Computational Modelling
The academic staff carry out research mainly in the area of artificial intelligence and processing of visual information. They concern approaches and problems such as: rough sets, intelligent decision support systems, processing of visual information design of systems for the power industry.
The results of the research conducted are presented at international and national scientific conferences. Employees of Interdisciplinary Centre for Computational Modelling participate not only in research project in Interdisciplinary Centre for Computational Modelling but also in projects managed by the other research units.
Employees of Interdisciplinary Centre for Computational Modelling conduct scientific activities in cooperation with many scientific centers both in Poland and abroad:
• the University of Warsaw,
• the University of Science and Technology in Cracow,
• the University of Kansas in Lawrence in the USA,
• the Jagiellonian University of Cracow (Collegium Medicum),
• the Silesian University of Technology,
• the Polish - Japanese Institute of Information Technology in Warsaw,
• the University of Manitoba in Canada.
The scientific cooperation concerns, among others, conducting joint research, publication of common research works, editing special editions of scientific journals, education of young scientists and organization of scientific conferences.