7. Laboratory of Applied Computer Science
Krzysztof PANCERZ, Prof. PhD, DSc. Eng.
BuildingA0, part B1
A significant trend in the development of our contemporary society is widespread computerization of human activities. Hence the main aim of the Laboratory of Applied Computer Science is to conduct the research according to the actual trends of computer science development simultaneously in the aspect of hardware and software. Additionally, the Laboratory creates the opportunity to acquire a solid computer science knowledge as well as skills for their practical application. The development of computer science constitutes a significant element of the intellectual potential of Podkarpacie province.
The research area of the Laboratory is interdisciplinary in nature, bridging Concurrency, Artificial Intelligence, Data Mining, Computer Graphics, Image and Signal Processing and Analysis, and Digital Systems.
Our research focuses mainly on novel models, methods, algorithms and applications concerning the various computer science applications.
The main directions in our research are:
- concurrency (the modelling and analysis of concurrent systems),
- modern artificial intelligence (natural language processing, image and signal processing and analysis, expert systems),
- data mining (clustering, classification, prediction, pattern recognition, data reduction),
- synthesis and optimization of digital systems,
- computer graphics,
The Laboratory of Applied Computer Science possesses nine scientific-research labs functioning in the structure of the Center for Innovation and Transfer of Natural Sciences and Engineering Knowledge.LABS
- 7.3 Lab of Optical Methods for Information Processing
- 7.4 Lab of Digital Systems
- 7.5 Lab of Modelling and Discovery of Concurrent Process Models in Data