About the Institute
The Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Environmental Management and Protection was established on October 1, 2019 by decision of the Senate of the University of Rzeszów. The unit was separated from the Faculty of Biology and Agriculture. The Institute has a B+ category, which gives it the right to award doctoral and habilitated doctor degrees in the discipline of agriculture and horticulture.
The Institute is located on the Zalesie campus (ul. Zelwerowicza and ul. Ćwiklińska), in a complex of buildings (D3, D7, D9 and the Aeropolis Laboratory) equipped with modern scientific and research equipment and teaching facilities. The Institute also has an Experimental Station in Krasne, where employees and students conduct field research.
Currently, the Institute employs 5 full professors, 21 associate professors (with habilitation degrees), 31 assistant professors (with doctoral degrees), 16 engineering and technical employees and 2 employees of the Experimental Station.
The Institute consists of 10 units:
- Department of Agroecology and Forest Utilization,
- Department of Ecology and Environmental Protection,
- Department of Plant Physiology and Biotechnology,
- Department of Soil Science, Environmental Chemistry and Hydrology,
- Department of Food and Agriculture Production Engineering,
- Department of Nature Protection and Landscape Ecology,
- Department of the Basis of Agriculture and Waste Management,
- Department of Crop Production,
- Department of Landscape Architecture,
- Department of Biodiversity,
Several hundred students are educated at the Institute on both full-time and part-time studies, and they can choose between first- and second-cycle studies in the following fields:
- environmental protection,
- renewable energy sources and waste management,
- landscape architecture
- agri-food logistics.
and first-cycle studies in:
Additionally, the Institute offers postgraduate studies:
- Agriculture for graduates of non-agricultural higher education studies,
- Renewable energy sources and waste management
At the Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Environmental Management and Protection Management, the Doctoral School currently educates 5 doctoral students in the discipline of agriculture and horticulture.
The Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Environmental Management and Protection cooperates with business, industry and local government units.
The Institute's employees conduct scientific and research activities in foreign scientific centers as part of the Erasmus+, NAVA and RID programs, among others. in Croatia, Greece, Spain, Romania, Switzerland, Slovakia, Italy, Turkey, Hungary.
The Institute's employees have been conducting extensive scientific cooperation with many scientific units in the country for years: University of Łódź, Jan Kochanowski University in Kielce, University of Szczecin, University of Life Sciences in Poznań, Catholic University of Lublin in Lublin, University of Agriculture in Krakow, Jagiellonian University, University of Life Sciences in Lublin , Institute of Agrophysics of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Lublin, Warsaw University of Life Sciences, Krakow University of Technology and abroad, including: University of Granada (Spain), University of Oxford (UK), Meise Botanic Garden (Belgium), Dumlupinar University (Turkey), The Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (Vietnam), University of Otago (New Zealand).