Center for Innovation, Technical and Natural Knowledge Transfer
The Center for Innovation, Technical and Natural Knowledge Transfer contains the following laboratories:
- Industrial Materials Technology Laboratory
- Manufacturing Engineering Laboratory
- Materials Spectroscopy Laboratory
- Mechanical and Electrical Systems Control Laboratory
- Environmental Research and Control Laboratory
- Prognosis, System and Structural Research Laboratory
- Applied IT Systems Laboratory
- Information Society Laboratory
- Applied Mathematics Laboratory
- Supporting Unit.
The research program being implemented at the University Center for Innovation and Transfer of Technical and Natural Knowledge will contribute to capital development in the form of fundamental knowledge for future development of innovative industrial technologies, including aviation, information technology, manufacturing technology and mechatronics and robotics, environmental research and control, system and structural research, financial, economic and social forecasting as well as the development of methods, useful in designing an information society. This will serve as guide for the Region in its match towards a radical increase in innovation potential and accelerated economic development.
Specific objectives of the Center:
- to increase research potentials by enabling world-class research
- increase the quality of research as well as opportunities to participate in innovative research projects
- to develop the competences of researchers in areas of operating modern laboratory equipment
- to enhance fundamental knowledge capital needed for future applied research and development
- to strengthen development possibilities in areas that determine the competitiveness of the economy and the investment attractiveness of the region and the nation through free and open sharing of own research findings that constitute the base for further scientific development,
- to create opportunities for wider co-operation with other universities and research institutes
- to transfer knowledge regarding the fundamentals of phenomena and absorb facts – popularizing knowledge (publications, conferences, etc.) developed within the Center)
- to encourage other entities to take benefit of universities’ wealth of knowledge, applying them to develop innovative technologies.