General information



  1. All foreign students, who are CURRENT STUDENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY are legible to apply for the following scholarship awards:
  1. A WELFARE BURSARY may apply to a foreign student of the University if he fulfills at least one of the following requirements laid down in accordance with the following regulations:
  1. has been granted a permanent residence status or a long-term residence in the European Union;
    b. has been granted a temporary residence status in connection with the circumstances referred to in Art. 159 paragraph 1 or Art. 186 paragraph 1 section 3 or 4 of the Act of 12 December 2013 concerning foreigners (Journal of Laws of 2017 item 2206 and 2282 including of  2018 items 107, 138 and 771);
  2. holds a refugee status granted in the Republic of Poland or benefits from temporary protection or subsidiary protection within the territory of the Republic of Poland;

  3. holds a certificate confirming his/her knowledge of Polish language as a foreign language, as contained in Art. 11a paragraph 2 of the Act of 7 October 1999 concerning the Polish language (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 931), at least at the language competency level C1;

  4. holds the Polish Card or has been issued a decision, establishing his/her Polish roots;

  5. is a spouse or a descendant of a Polish citizen, residing in the territory of the Polish Republic; 
    g. holds a temporary residence permit in connection with the circumstances referred to in Art. 151 paragraph 1 or Art. 151b paragraph 1 of the Act of 12 December 2013 concerning foreigners, or a short stay in the territory of the Republic of Poland, benefitting from provisions of a short-term mobility of a researcher, in accordance with the terms set out in Art. 156b paragraph 1 of the Act or holds a national visa for the purpose of conducting scientific research or development works.
  1. Foreign students may also apply for the MINISTER’S SCHOLARSHIP, in accordance with principles outlined in separate regulations.
  2. Foreign students may apply for the above-mentioned benefits on the basis of PRINCIPLES SET OUT IN THE RULES ON BENEFITS FOR THE UNIVERSITY STUDENTS available on our website.
  3. Doctoral students may apply for the above-mentioned benefits, based on the PRINCIPLES SPECIFIED IN THE REGULATIONS CONCERNING BENEFITS FOR THE UNIVERSITY STUDENTS.
  4. With respect to documents submitted in a foreign language, the respected persons are to include TRANSLATIONS OF RELEVANT DOCUMENTS PREPARED BY A SWORN TRANSLATOR, including a copy of the original document (ONLY FOR INSPECTION).
  5. Scholarships:
  1. a. it is available for students in their first-cycle, second-cycle and uniform Master’s studies, but not exceding a period of six years. This is understood as the students’ right to apply for benefits over a period of six academic years. This, according to the Ministry’s interpretation should be understood as the legibility to apply for benefits during the period mentioned and not necessarily receiving it. Likewise, based on the interpretation of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, the rule specified for students regarding the inclusion of a 6-year study period does not apply to doctoral students, including periods of granted study leave for which they are entitled to benefits.
  2. it available to students that have obtained permission for short or long-term leave, including students partaking in student exchange programs, e.g. Erasmus, MOST.
  3. It is not available to student-holders of a professional certificate:
  • Master’s of Arts, Master’s of Science degree or its equivalent,
  • Bachelor’s of Arts, Bachelor’s of Science or its equivalent if he/she takes up another first degree studies.

This, however, does not apply to doctoral students who are already holders of a doctoral degree, including similar titles obtained abroad.

  1. the entitlements do not also apply to students in cases where deadlines for taking degree exams are extended by a period of one month, in accordance with the regulations of the University of Rzeszów.
  2. The provisions of paragraph 3a and 3c shall apply to persons holding professional certificates obtained abroad.

Remember that if you apply for several types of benefits, at different fields of study (being a student of 2 or more fields of study, including at other universities) you are only entitled to receive such scholarships for only one field of study of your choice (you cannot receive a Rector’s scholarship at one university and then a welfare bursary from another department or university).