Principles of reviewing publications in the journal "Słowo. Studia językoznawcze"
The following rules for reviewing scientific publications are applied in the "Słowo. Studia językoznawcze" journal:
- Editors perform an initial qualification of the submitted materials in terms of compliance with the subject and profile of the journal.
- Materials qualified for publication will be sent for an external review.
- At least two independent reviewers from outside the institution are appointed to evaluate each publication.
- The authors of the publication and the reviewers do not know one-another’s identities (double-blind review process).
- If the reviewer guesses who the author of the text may be and recognizes that there is a conﬂict of interest, he or she is obliged to immediately notify the editorial committee. In such a situation the article will be forwarded to another reviewer.
- The reviewer is obliged to submit a no conﬂict of interest declaration; the conﬂict of interest is considered to occur between the reviewer and the author in case of:
- direct personal relationships (kinship, legal relationships, conﬂict),
- professional subordination,
- direct scientific cooperation during the two years preceding the preparation of the review.
- The review is descriptive, must be in writing and end with an unambiguous conclusion as to the acceptance of the article or its rejection.
- If the reviews contain contradictory conclusions, the editorial committee shall appoint an additional reviewer. After obtaining the third opinion, the committee decides whether to publish or reject the text.
- The author should attach to the sent corrected version of the article (in a separate document) a list of the introduced changes. Failure to consider the reviewer’s comments and suggestions should be justified in detail.
- The names of the reviewers for specific issues are not disclosed, but our website includes a collective list of reviewers cooperating with the journal.
The editorial team of the journal "Słowo. Studia językoznawcze" in concern to comply with Good Research Practice has adopted the ethical rules in line with the guidelines of the COPE organization (Committee on Publication Ethics: http://publicationethics.org) and in line with the Code of Employees Ethics.
Guidelines for reviewers - Review sheet for an article in the journal "Słowo. Studia językoznawcze"