Information for foreigners

Recruitment for the UR Doctoral School for the academic year 2020/2021 is conducted in the following disciplines of science:

  • archaeology,
  • economics and finance,
  • philosophy,
  • history,
  • linguistics,
  • literary studies,
  • biological sciences,
  • physical sciences,
  • medical sciences,
  • health sciences,
  • law,
  • political science and public administration,
  • sociology,
  • education,
  • agriculture and horticulture,
  • nutrition and food technology

and discipline of the arts:

  • fine arts and art conservation.


Foreigners can take up education in  Doctoral School of UR on the basis of:

  1.  international agreements, on the terms set out in these contracts;
  2.  contracts concluded with foreign entities by universities, on the terms set out in these contracts;
  3.  Minister's decision;
  4.  the NAWA Director's decision regarding its scholarship holders;
  5.  the decision of the NCN director about  granting funds for the implementation of basic research in  the form of a research project, internship or scholarship, qualified for financing in a competition;
  6. Rector's administrative decision.


The foreigner is obliged to submit (in addition to all the required documents) a certificate confirming the knowledge of the Polish language at least at B1 language level or a certificate issued by the University of Rzeszów, confirming that the level of the Polish language knowledge allows him / her to study in that language.


The candidate holding a diploma of study abroad, in accordance with the provisions referred to in art. 326 para. 2 point 2 or art. 327 para. 2 of the Act of 20 July 2018 - Law on Higher Education and Science, is obliged to submit:

  • diploma legalized or marked with an apostille clause ,
  • certificate of recognition, by way of nostrification proceeding, of the equivalence of the diploma with the relevant Polish diploma and professional title - if nostrification is required by generally applicable law.                                                                                                                   


Documents issued in a foreign language are to be submitted by the candidate together with their translation into Polish, made by a sworn translator.


A foreigner is any person who does not have Polish citizenship. Persons who have both Polish citizenship and citizenship of another country or several other countries are treated as Polish citizens on the territory of the Republic of Poland.